Please send your CV and motivation letter to moc.y1561542260grene1561542260b2@of1561542260ni1561542260 with the “job title” as subject.
The Structural Engineer is reponsible for the development and design of support structures for the 2 bladed turbine platform >10MW, and is member of the engineering team reporting to the Manager Engineering.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Conceptual design of support structures (offshore towers, nacelle mainframe, secondary structures) for the 2 bladed turbine platform >10MW. Detailed design and verification of structural integrity (strength, stability, fatigue) including reports ready for certification.
- Analyse and evaluate design driving loads for the structural components in interaction with the loads and control team.
- Establish technical cooperation with main suppliers and clarify technical requirements and delivarables. Review and approve drawings and supplier’s documentation.
- Support certification activities and activities during production and installation.
- Actively work together with Sourcing-, CAD- and Loads and Control department within 2-B Energy.
Advanced degree (M.Sc.) in Engineering (mechanical, civil, aerospace) or other closely related fields.
Knowledge and working experience
- Professional experience in the wind industry with focus on support structures.
- Sound know-how in FE tools and capability to assess FEA results.
- Deep knowledge in design of steel structures and welded/bolted joints including strength, stability and fatigue calculation.
- Good knowledge in design of offshore specific structures including load application, foundation variants and soil-interaction.
- Experience in application of DNVGL standards and Eurocode 3 series. Practical experience in working with certification bodies.
- Good knowledge in wind turbine technology, materials and production processes (welded and casted parts) and basic offshore installation logistics.
- Deep knowledge in structural design tools (FEA, Ansys).
- Good knowledge in CAD systems (SolidWorks).
- Knowledge and basic programming experience, e.g. in Excel, VBA, Matlab, Python.
- The candidate must have good organizational and communication skills and must be able to work within an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Self-starter and pro-active problem solver.
- English (Fluently written and spoken)
- Dutch (beneficial)
- German (beneficial)