Please send your CV and motivation letter to moc.y1566207300grene1566207300b2@of1566207300ni1566207300 with the “job title” as subject.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer is reponsible for the development, design and system integration of mechanical drivetrain for the 2 bladed turbine platform >10MW, and is member of the engineering team reporting to the Team Leader Mechanical Systems
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the design process of the mechanical power train for the 2 bladed turbine platform >10MW. Setup of functional requirements for the mechanical systems and components, organize technical reviews with the engineering team, drive and force design decision.
- Analyse and evaluate design driving loads for the main mechanical components in interaction with the loads and control team. Execution of shadow calculations (stresses and deformation, thermal and hydraulic).
- Establish technical cooperation with main mechanical system suppliers and clarify technical requirements and delivarables.
- Review and approve component and assembly drawings and documentation like design reports, specifications, installation-, operation- and maintenance manuals, deviation lists and non-conformity reports
- Set up main requirements for secondary systems like cooling or hydraulic and keep track on their development and integration.
- Support certification activities.
- Support activities during commissioning and operation.
- Actively work together with Sourcing-, CAD-, Electrical- and Loads and Control department within 2-B Energy.
Advanced degree (M.Sc.) in Engineering (mechanical, civil, aerospace) or other closely related fields.
Knowledge and working experience
- Professional experience in the wind industry for at least 3 years.
- Experience in the role of mechanical system or component owner.
- Sound knowledge in mechanical systems (gears, bearings, braking and locking systems, hydraulic systems, cooling systems, electromechanical systems, bolted connections).
- Knowledge in aerodynamics and mechanical/electrical drivetrain behaviour.
- Knowledge in turbine power performance and loads measurements and sensoring.
- Practical experience in commissioning and/or operation of wind turbines.
- Practical experience in working with certification bodies (e.g. DNVGL).
- Deep knowledge and experience with CAD systems (SolidWorks).
- Good knowledge in FEA tools (Ansys).
- Knowledge and programming experience, e.g. in Excel, VBA, C++, Matlab, Python
- The candidate must have good organizational and communication skills and must be able to work within an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Self-starter and pro-active problem solver.
- English (Fluently written and spoken)
- Dutch (beneficial)
- German (beneficial)