Please send your CV and motivation letter to moc.y1561543005grene1561543005b2@of1561543005ni1561543005 with the “job title” as subject.
The Senior Loads Engineer is responsible for load calculations and optimisation considering the implementation of specific control strategies for the 2 bladed turbine platform development >10MW, and is member of the engineering team reporting to the Team Leader Loads and Control.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Modelling of wind turbines in aero-elastic codes (e.g. Bladed, FAST) including detailed aerodynamic and structural blade data, and mechanical and electrical drive train characteristics.
- Set up and run standard or site-specific load calculations according to relevant IEC- and DNVGL-standards including full documentation ready for certification.
- Postprocess, analyse and evaluate loads in interaction with component owners and design processes.
- Contribute to development of control strategies and optimisation for load reduction and performance enhancement.
- Support certification activities related to loads and turbine control.
- Support activities during commissioning and operation.
Advanced degree (M.Sc.) in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, aerospace) or other closely related fields.
Knowledge and working experience
- Professional experience in the wind industry for at least 3 years.
- Expert in simulation and evaluation of wind turbine loads.
- Sound knowledge and turbine control and safety strategies.
- Sound knowledge of aerodynamics and mechanical/electrical drivetrain behaviour.
- Knowledge in turbine power performance and loads measurements and sensoring.
- Practical experience with commissioning and/or operation of wind turbines.
- Practical experience in working with certification bodies (e.g. DNVGL).
- Deep knowledge and experience with load calculation software (GH Bladed).
- Knowledge and programming experience in e.g. C, C++, Matlab, Python.
- Knowledge and programming experience Excel; VBA.
- Knowledge and programming experience with PLC programming is beneficial.
- The candidate must have good organizational and communication skills and must be able to work within an international, multi-disciplinary team.
- Strong sense of responsibility.
- Self-starter and pro-active problem solver.
- English (Fluently written and spoken)
- Dutch (beneficial)
- German (beneficial)