Please send your CV and motivation letter to moc.y1527149040grene1527149040b2@of1527149040ni1527149040 with the “job title” as subject.
You will be responsible for the load calculations of the wind turbine with focus on the rotor-nacelle assembly. The load engineer is part of the engineering team and reports to the Team Leader Loads and Control.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Numerical modelling of wind turbines with using aero-elastic codes (e.g. Bladed) with focus on Rotor-Nacelle Assembly;
- Responsible for interaction with the turbine system owners regarding the modeling of components.
- Evaluate floating support structures;
- Produce, optimise and maintain loads documents, procedures and tools setting up and analyzing of loads calculations based upon guidelines (GL/IEC)
- Optimize strategies for load reduction and/or performance enhancement;
- Support activities regarding wind turbine components;
- Support certification activities related load evaluation;
- Support activities on during measuring campaign for certification;
- Advanced degree (M.Sc) in Engineering (mechanical, electrical, aerospace,..) or other closely related fields.
- Numerical modelling of wind turbines with using aero-elastic codes;
- Experience in the wind industry;
- Working with certification bodies (e.g. Germanischer Lloyd);
- Knowledge and programming experience in e.g. C, C++, Matlab, Python;
- Knowledge and programming experience Excel; VBA; ;
- Experience with GH Bladed or other load calculation software;
- The candidate must have a good command of business English, written and spoken;
- The candidate must have good organizational and communication skills and must be able to work within an international, multi-disciplinary team;
- Self-starter and pro-active problem solver;
- Interest in dynamic behaviour of system;
- Programming is a way of life