Please send your CV and motivation letter to moc.y1545001408grene1545001408b2@of1545001408ni1545001408 with the “job title” as subject.
Exciting position for instrumentation and controls engineers who will be responsible for the design of the overall controls. Will hold the control philosophy of the complete system and have the overview of interactions between the subsystems. Responsible for the functional design and engineering of controls, hardware and system integration.
The Instrumentation and Controls Engineer is part of the electrical team which is part of the Engineering Department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- The overall turbine controls between all components from design phase until the validation.
- Translating the needs of main turbine controls like pitch control, yaw control and converter torque etc. into control functional specifications.
- Set up sequences for the overall system.
- The settings of the individual sensors/ components used for controls, alarm and trips.
- Total overview of the behaviour of the turbine with all subsystems including the control and safety systems.
- Will work on new system designs and work on improvements to increase the total availability of the wind turbine.
- Perform validation and verification of the control and safety system.
- Investigate and troubleshooting on electrical and controls systems of the wind turbines.
- Diploma: BSc or MSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics, Control Engineering or in a closely related discipline.
- Experienced in an instrumentation and controls environment.
- Functional design and engineering of software, hardware and system integration using PLC systems.
- Setup Sequence diagram/ flowcharts and functional specifications.
- MS Office and Visio or similar programs.
- English: fluently, written and spoken.
- The candidate shall be a structured thinker, self-starter, pro-active and shall have an helicopter view.
- Excellent communication skills, clear and concise technical report writing and presentation skills.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong sense of responsibility and a good understanding of daily priorities.